Welcome to my first installment of “Five Things Monday.” As a graphic designer I thrive on inspiration, I try to look for it and find it everywhere. Sometimes you just need a little pick me up when you’re starting or stuck on a project. Some people need an extra cup of coffee on Mondays, I need a little extra jolt of inspiration (and lets be honest, that extra cup of coffee as well). Without further ado – Five Things Monday: Watercolor edition.
I’m on a serious watercolor kick right now. I just find it all so inspiring; there are so many different effects you can create with watercolor and a little patience.
1. I love the use of negative space in this one creating a fantastic juxtaposition.
2. I adore this series of calendars. They’re so delicate and feminine.
3. This print is absolutely fantastic. The way the watercolor gives you a sense of movement and fabric type is so cool.
4. This is one of those “Why didn’t I think of that?!” moments. I remember doing this in grade school art class and being mesmerized because it was SO COOL! I’m going to find a reason to use this technique pronto.
5. Katie from The Wheatfield shop made these adorable state illustrations. The California one makes me wish I lived there just so I could own it (not that not living there really prohibits me). All of Katie’s work is fantastic, please check out her Etsy Shop.
What inspires you when you have a case of the Mondays?