Welcome to “Five Things Monday.” As a graphic designer I thrive on inspiration, I try to look for it and find it everywhere. Sometimes you just need a little pick me up when you’re starting or stuck on a project. Some people need an extra cup of coffee on Mondays, I need a little extra jolt of inspiration (and lets be honest, that extra cup of coffee as well).
Photography is actually where I got my start in the design world. I suppose ‘start’ isn’t really the correct term, as I was about 10 when the photo bug bit me, but you get the idea. It was my love of photography that led me to a position on my high school newspaper and yearbook. There I dove head first into the world of color, fonts, layout and more photos. I loved it, and I’m thankful for that experience because if not, I may have never become a designer. So here’s to photos and photographers, 10 years old or experienced professionals.
1. I absolutely adore this image. It’s so captivating and magnificent. I wish that I had the true source for it so if anyone knows, please leave it in the comments. I always want to give credit where credit is due. (source)
2. I love this style of editing and I love the juxtaposition caused by the smooth continuous circle containing the marvelous terrain of the mountains. (source)
3. How cool is this? It is an extended exposure of an airport. So interesting. (source)
4. I just love the color of all the different umbrellas in this image, and it reminds me of Mary Poppins – a childhood favorite. ;) (source)
5. I love the simplicity of this image. The cropping almost makes me feel like I’m actually laying in bed gazing out this window onto the beach; dreams be dreams. (source)
What inspires you when you have a case of the Mondays?