Welcome to “Five Things Monday.” As a graphic designer I thrive on inspiration, I try to look for it and find it everywhere. Sometimes you just need a little pick me up when you’re starting or stuck on a project. Some people need an extra cup of coffee on Mondays, I need a little extra jolt of inspiration (and lets be honest, that extra cup of coffee as well).
We all have people that inspire us, me, I have a LOT of people how inspire me; each of them in a different way. It was hard to narrow down just 5 people who inspire me, so I tried to pick 5 people in different areas.
1. I remember watching Katie Couric on the Today Show in bed with my mom on summer mornings. I always loved her on screen presence and when she co-founded Stand Up To Cancer, it only made me love her even more. Stand Up To Cancer is a cause I greatly believe in and fighting cancer is [obviously] very close to my heart. I encourage you to educate yourself on their cause and purchase some of their fabulous clothing. I can say from experience that it’s all incredibly comfortable.
2. If you know me you should know I love Harry Potter, and if you don’t know me you should know that I love Harry Potter. I absolutely adore Emma Watson, and that’s weird to say considering we’re the same age. I just have so much respect for her for being a multi-millionaire child star and she’s still in the pursuit of a college degree which is uncommon. I think she is a fantastic role model for young girls, one that we have been in need of for awhile.
3. While I did NOT get up at 3am to watch the royal wedding, I do admire Kate Middleton (the Duchess of Cambridge, to be proper). I love that her parents created their own company allowing them to climb the social ladder, something that is not always easy. I absolutely love her fashion style and have tremendous respect for the way she’s handled the paparazzi watching her every move since she started dating Prince William.
4. Oh Zachary Levi, where do I even start? I am not afraid to admit that I cried my way through the series finale of Chuck, a show that should have never been cancelled. I like to imagine that Chuck is just an extension of who Zachary Levi is. He is one of the funniest people on twitter, supports tons of great charities (including SU2C), is open about his faith, and I mean come on…have you looked at him?
5. Again, if you love me you know I love wrestling (real wrestling, not that WWE crap) and if you don’t know me you should know that I love wrestling (real wrestling, not that WWE crap). Henry Cejudo is one of my favorite US Wrestlers, if not my favorite. He has overcome incredible odds to get to where he is today. In 2008 he won gold in Beijing, making him the youngest US wrestler to ever win gold at the age of 21. I had the chance to meet him at the 2010 NCAA Wrestling Championships and he was as nice and funny as I imagined him being. You should definitely read his book American Victory, it is fantastic, and is way more than just a book about wrestling.
(All images found via google images, classy I know, except the last one; which is mine, obviously.)
Who inspires you when you have a case of the Mondays?