Welcome to “Five Things Monday.” As a graphic designer I thrive on inspiration, I try to look for it and find it everywhere. Sometimes you just need a little pick me up when you’re starting or stuck on a project. Some people need an extra cup of coffee on Mondays, I need a little extra jolt of inspiration (and lets be honest, that extra cup of coffee as well).
Color is a wonderful thing. It can affect any situation, and oh-so powerfully. Here are some of my favorite color-inspiring images.
1. I love the look of this bathroom! Too much color in a small room can often give off a dizzy or unpleasant feeling. I love the idea of pairing one bold color with white. (source)
2. How fun is this kitchen? I love to open shelves, but more than that I LOVE the tile! It reminds me so much of Costa Rica, it’s absolutely beautiful and the color combo is just perfect. (source)
3. I’m not generally a fan of too much pink, but I absolutely adore this panting. The colors are just perfect and make me wish I was laying on a beach somewhere drinking an extremely girly and fruity drink. (source)
4. I love all the different colors this watercolor technique produces. (source)
5. Texture is one thing to give this image the right look and feel, but the colors they used really seals the deal for me. (source)
What inspires you when you have a case of the Mondays?